Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here we go again!!!










I don't know what it is with horses that I'm such a sucker for! I can't turn my cheek and pretend I didn't see these photos! The fire has been re-lit! A client of my husbands just started a horse rescue organization so she is rallying the troops to see what can be for this group of horses & ponies. Here is the e-mail I got from her and pics! It's tragic, my heart is sick...again!

Hi everyone,

Well, Venice and I went on a safari this morning, and these are the pictures we took. I have reported this situation to Riverside Co. Animal Control, along with sending these pictures to them as well. Yes, that is a zebra that you see! Certainly not been missing any of his meals lately, but most, if not all of these guys had signs of malnutrition, especially the palomino, as well as the mother and her baby. We saw no evidence of any water available to these animals, or any food, and it was 9:30 in the morning, so if there had been hay given, we would have seen the remains of food at least. Some of the horses were eating whatever was on the ground, dirt or droppings. Lots of nasty noses and draining eyes. Some of them had open sores. The pipe corrals are in disrepair, and there is no shelter from the sun, etc. The small foal is at risk of getting out of the corral or of having dogs/coyotes come in. I fully intend to follow up on this situation. The horses are located across from a house located at 18093 Avenue B; the nearest cross street is Alder St. Not far from Liston Stables. I’ve already sent the photos to Heather, but wanted everyone to have them. Call me or email if you have any other suggestions on how to proceed. I know that Kim rescued 2 horses last summer and had dealings with the Riverside Co. Animal Control folks (Thanks for your help Kim!)

Talk to you soon,

Nancy


No comments: