Thursday, October 2, 2008

ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT : Audrey, happiest cattle dog mix, South L.A., A0978664





A great many staff and volunteers at South L.A. know Audrey, one of the happiest, most hilarious girls in the kennels. Audrey has sat in on meetings (quiet and patient), shaken hands with many (she can give either paw), and walked many, many times around the block at the shelter.

Audrey gets so excited when I approach her kennel and starts to whine and moan and quiver with the thought that I will get her out for a walk and some loving. But, she does this while sitting, looking up at me. She ignores the other dogs vying for attention, just focused on my unlocking the lock. When I enter the kennel, she spins around a bit but then lets me slip the leash on and away we go. On our first round of the block she has a tendency to pull, determined to break her speed record from our last visit -- but by the second time, she walks like a lady and oftentimes will look back and even stop, asking me for some petting and attention. Those who see Audrey think she is trained to do tricks -- with that quick sit and giving first one paw and then the other. I think that is her favorite position.

In terms of her interest in other dogs and cats, I know that she has been kenneled with dogs and has gotten along just fine. And she does not react when I walk her past the other kennels. She sometimes yelps when we see another while on leash -- perhaps just to play.
This is definitely a dog that would bond easily and be totally devoted to her people. I adore her.

Audrey is EXTREMELY URGENT. We have gotten a call that she has only two days remaining. This girl, so full of life, needs another chance.
If you can give Audrey her new home, please call the South L.A. shelter at once, (213) 485-0117 or -0119. And if you have any questions whatsoever, please e-mail me at franksable@msn.com or call me at (323) 363-4909. (I'd appreciate anyone who does spring Audrey letting me know. Again, she is my favorite girl at the shelter.)

Thanks,
Andrea

AUDREY - ID#A0978664

My name is Audrey and I am an unaltered female, white and brown Australian Cattle Dog mix.

The shelter thinks I am about 3 years old. I have been at the shelter since Aug 28, 2008.

No comments: