Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rescue Ride

This past Sunday was the first National Rescue Ride (TO HELP ABUSED, NEGLECTED & UNWANTED HORSES) that I did with 2 of my friends. Between the 3 of us we raised approximately $1000 for the Hanaeleh & Bethany's Gait organization. I can't thank everyone enough who donated money towards our ride. I look forward to doing it next year. The trail ride through O'Neill Park was so fun! I thought we were headed out for a leisurely trial ride but boy was I mistaken! The trails were pretty gnarly but the horses did great. Especially my 2 who hardly ever see anything but a roping arena!!

Unfortanelty, the ride has some bittersweet memories! The next day my friend's horse, Dusty, coliced & died! The ride was not the cause of his colic though. It was so neat to watch him take us through those trails as he was a very experienced trail horse! He was a beautiful, athletic TN Walker! His owner, Alicia, will greatly miss her companion of 10 years!

Rest in Peace Dusty! You will always have a special place in my heart!

No comments: