Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 Rescued Horses

Today Chris & I rescued 2 Appaloosa horses that were being severely neglected! We had been feeding them on & off since May and then got out of the habit when we moved our horses closer to the house. These horses were located at the very corner of our property...basically we shared a corner fence. On Sunday we happened to drive by the house and I got a good look at the horses and was I shocked at their condition! Monday morning I was on the phone to animal control! I got some good pictures of their condition and sent them to the supervisor at Animal Control. Today an officer was able to make contact with the owner of the horses and she was willing to turn them over to me. In the meantime I was having a heck of a time getting a vet to come out for horses that we didn't own....liability reasons! I called the vet back and told them we are now their new owners! :0 The horses are with us now and have settled in nicely. Tomorrow we have a vet coming out to give me an assessment. The black horse looks decent, I think we will be able to find a good home for her quickly. The white one is going to need some doctoring & TLC.

On Monday night I sent out an e-mail to every horse person I know...roping friends & clients of Chris'. I have had such an amazing response to that e-mail. We've had people donate money for their vet care and our local feed store is going to donate hay! I've gotten some great leads to horse shelters too! It puts some faith back knowing that people will help when it really comes down to the nitty gritty of things! I decided to start this blog to keep everyone updated on our progress with these 2 horses!

Thank you Teri, Allison, Kahoot's, Alicia, & Chris Richardson for your help & suggestions!

Stay tuned!! :)

No comments: