Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday's update

The Banamine perked Pistol up last night. Every time I went to check on him during the night he was standing which is a good sign. He is still pooping sand and their is some food starting to come through now. I never thought in a million years that I would be down on my knees examining horse poop! The Banamine is given every 12 hours and I can tell when it's wearing off because his head drops lower & lower and his demeanor changes. The vet called this morning to check on him and suggested we change his name to Sandy!! So his new name is Sandy! :) I have a call into the vet now because the mineral oil has not come out and it should have by now. After the vet check yesterday I thought we were out of the woods but now that I understand the importance of getting the sand out and making sure he doesn't go into full blown colic...we have a long road ahead of us!

No comments: