Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Night Update



What started out to be an intense day ended with such relief! Sandy was growing weaker as the day went on and I was not having luck force feeding him water. About 5 PM I called the vet to see how much IV fluids would cost. Too my surprise it was very affordable! I was thinking thousands...but it actually was a few hundred bucks. Thanks to the donations we received today (thank you Mom, Dad, & Teri, Don & Libby, & Matt & Kim!!!) we were able to make it a reality. We were able to do it at the house and made up a cowboy IV pole and started pushing fluids through his veins. He started to perk up about 1/2 way through. When the IV was done and we got him unhooked...he Pee'd!!!!!!!! It was very concentrate but the fact that he did with 15L was great. The vet said it could take 20 - 30 L of fluid before he did. He even started to eat more than I have ever seen him eat. We'll push another 15L in him tomorrow and I just pray this will jump start his road to recovery! I think tonight I will be able to sleep soundly! In this picture below, to the left, is the wet spot from his urine!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You do realize that you took a picture of pee, right?? ;)

Kim M said...

I didn't until I took the pictures of my camera. Then I realized his food was on his pee. Oh well! :) While he was peeing I said too bad I don't have my camera to get an action shot!