Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday's Update

Things here have calmed down a lot! Sandy had the last of the IV fluids and the catheter is out so now it's up to him to keep up the pace....I have no doubts he won't! He is eating & drinking great! I probably didn't have to give him that last bag of fluids but we had it, it was paid for, and wasn't going to hurt any! :) He was restless and it was hard to get him to stand still for 2 hours while the IV was going...he wanted to eat! He's still passing a lot of sand! At this rate we could have a nice sandy arena to ride in! LOL!! We went on a nice walk tonight and it was awesome to see how strong he is getting. Saturday when I was walking him, he was so weak and his hind legs were giving out! I have no doubt that if we had not started fluids when we did he would have died! Both horses have such sweet dispositions considering the lack of handling they've had. I think Parris will be ready for lunging this week. I'll get her out in the arena and see what she knows and hopefully she won't drag me across the arena!

No comments: