Saturday, September 13, 2008

Parris officially left for her new home!

What a bittersweet day! Denise & Tiger picked her up this morning and she did very well loading into the horse trailer. She needed a little bit of patting on the butt BUT once she got in she seemed fine...the hay helped too!! I know she'll be in great hands and she is going to be a great pony once she get's a little bit of training. Denise invited us out once she's ready for some riding. My 5 year old son was very upset that she was leaving so he'll be excited to ride her when she's ready!

The vet came out on Thursday to do a physical on her...everything checked out good. We had her teeth floated and she was vaccinated. Dr. Gibbs guessed her age to be 8 or 9.

So far Sandy has not minded her being gone. Chris & I had some concern that he would be upset and would stop eating but so far so good!!! He has been warming up to me lately too! I think the apple cookie treats help! ;) He'll come up to me now while I'm cleaning his stall and nuzzle me. He'll let me catch him & pet him too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah Kim! I am proud of you stepping up and taking action for these poor horses. You are my hero. Let me know if you ever need some help...I would love to come out. I'll send you a facebook msg. later this week.
XO's

Laura (LG)