Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Riverside homeowner turns horse rescuer

Wow, that would be me!!

Click here for the Press Enterprise article!


I also have an update on Parris, the dark gray Appaloosa pony. Denise was able to ride her on Sunday, just 1 day after she left our home! She said she did awesome!! She needs some reining work and needs her confidence built up but other than that did really well! I'll be going out to see her soon and will hopefully get some video of her in action!

Thank you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are a great family by taking these horses in.

If you ever need any help, my father would love to come and help you as a volunteer. As a kid, he lived on the horserace track taking care of the horses. So he has tons of experience. My e-mail address is Nickchar6993@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Kim M said...

Thank you very much for the offer!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim & Family,

I learned of your blog through the article in the Press Enterprise and (as a loving horse/misc animal owner/lover) wish to say THANK YOU for having such a big heart. In today's economy it is very hard for many of us the even feed our own stock but to open your home, heart and wallet to save those horses that are being starved to death is certainly as selfless an act as one can imagine. Your are truly an Angel from above.

Kim M said...

Thank you CaCowGirl!!! This experience has been so rewarding. Stayed tuned to my blog...I'm in the process of getting details for a Rescue Charity Ride!! Proceeds will go to a rescue group I have been in contact with!

Anonymous said...

Kim,

I live in Riverside and have a tremendous amount of experience in organizing charity rides. So, if you need any help I would be happy and honored to help you organize that ride. Just drop me a line at Cacowgirltoo@aol.com.