Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday Sept 4, 2008

Sandy (aka Pistol) & Parris are doing great! I have received more donations over the last couple of days! I can't even begin to express the gratitude I feel to have so much support from people I have never met! I'd like to thank Jen & Paul Godward, Alicia Laddin, Chris Richardson, Lucille Green, Fiona Nelson, & "Gramma Judy" Grenn. You folks are amazing!

Now that Sandy has his energy back, I can tell he was mishandled in the past. He's afraid of the lead rope & halter and hand shy. He's very mistrustful which makes me sad because I was hoping he & I would have a bond since I nursed him back to health. I've been trying to be very gentle with him and hopefully that will win him over....with the help of carrots! :) I plan on keeping him at least for another couple of months. I want to see him put weight back on and keep it on.
These pictures were taken today.


Parris is a doll!!!! She has the sweetest disposition! I can tell she is a little mistrustful but she doesn't run away from me like Sandy does. Once I pet her & talk to her she's like putty in my hands! I am really tempted to keep her for my kids! I just don't think my husband will go for that! :)


I have been trying to contact the Press Enterprise to see about getting an article printed in the paper about these horses. I have heard so many awful stories about people abandoning horses because they are unable to take care of them. People are dumping horses off in the desert & the Norco river bed. People who have lost their homes are leaving their horses behind to starve! I want to get the word out that there are options instead of resorting to such cruelty. When I took on these horses I knew absolutely nothing about rescues. We are not in the financial situation to take on a bunch of horses but if I could act as a liaison between horse owners looking to find a home or rescue, I would most certainly do that! I have been in contact with the President of Hanaeleh, a horse rescue facility in Orange County, and she is willing to help with rescues & adoptions too!

No comments: